1 Carrot (peeled and chopped)
6-7 French Beans/Green beans (chopped)
2 Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Yellow Pumpkin – 1 cup (chopped)
1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
green chilies – 2 (chopped)
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Ginger (grated) – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Cloves – 4
Cardamom – 3
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
How to make coconut milk:-
1) Break one medium size coconut and grate the complete coconut. Add grated coconut and 1+1/2 cup of warm water in your grinder and blitz it for few seconds. Strain it through a thin muslin cloth to extract the coconut milk. The first lot will be thick milk and keep it aside in a separate container.
2) Now again add the squeezed coconut with 1 and 1/2 cup warm water in your grinder and bltiz it and extract extract the second cup of coconut milk and keep this separately.
Method to make kurma:-
1) Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and chopped onions.
2) Fry on medium flame till onions turn light golden brown.
3) Now add ginger, garlic, green chilies, curry leaves, cloves and cardamom and saute for a minute.
4) Add all chopped vegetables with second time extracted coconut milk and mix it well.
5) Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
6) Add the thick first batch of extracted coconut milk and bring it to boil. Add salt to taste and mix it well.
Once it starts thickening, remove from the flame and serve it hot with some iddiappams, chappathi, parota etc.