Any celebration is incomplete without sweets and one should life everyday. I don’t need a reason to make sweets as I have a big sweet-tooth. Winters are setting and in and it is a perfect time to make Atta badam ladoo..
You can watch this quick video to make these Atta badam ladoo..
Atta badam ladoo or Wheat Almond laddu is a delicious Indian sweet made using wheat flour. It is also known as Khandeshi Daraba Ladoo in Maharashtra. Traditionally Daraba is a paste made from Wheat kernels which is de-husked and soaked in water. Then it is finely ground and the flour is roasted. I have directly used wheat flour to make these ladoos. This is also a healthy sweet as I have added roasted and powdered almonds to it. So, sharing a step-wise recipe. Read complete recipe and notes before you start making these delicious ladoos!
Atta badam ladoo
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 ladoos
- Atta / Whole wheat flour - 1+1/2 cup
- Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee / clarified butter - 1/2 cup + 3 tsp
- Green Cardamom - 3
Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast almonds on low flame for few minutes. Keep stirring. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
Add it in your grind and blitz it to make a coarse powder.
Grind sugar and cardamom to make a fine powder.
Add 2 tsp ghee in a pan and roast wheat flour on low flame till it starts leaving a nice aroma. After 8-10 minutes you will see the color changing. Keep stirring or the flour will easily burn.
Add powdered sugar, powdered almonds and mix it well.
Add ghee in a small pan and mix the content with a spatula. Remove from the flame.
When its warm itself, start making small balls of the mix and keep it aside.
Once it completely cools down, store it in an air-tight container. You can store it for a month in a cool place.
- You can add 1-2 tbsp of more melted ghee if you feel the flour is too dry and you are not able to make balls.
- I have added only roasted almonds but you can also add roasted cashews and walnuts for a mix of nuts.
- ]If the mix cools down and you're not able to make ladoos, not to worry. Just place the pan again on low flame for a minute and mix well. Remove from the flame and start making ladoos again.