Diwali is a festival of lights and one of the biggest festival celebrated in India. I love this festival as everything around you looks so bright and beautiful with different colours of lights. Everyone seems to be excited to decorate their homes, wear new clothes and light up small diyas..
So, sharing a step-wise recipe to make some delicious Besan ke laddu and hope you try this diwali season and enjoy with your family and friends. You can also check other sweet recipes on my blog like Gulab Jamun, Gajar Halwa etc..
- Besan / Gram flour / Chickpeas flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee / clarified butter – 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamom – 2
- 4 Cashew nuts (chopped)
- 4 Almonds (chopped)
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds on low flame till cashews turn light brown. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now roast the flour on low flame in the same pan for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring. You will soon see the color changing and the flour will leave a nice aroma.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Grind sugar to a fine powder. Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and powder it along with sugar.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and roasted gram powder in a pan and mix it well. Add roasted cashews and almonds and mix it well.
- Heat the ghee in a small separate pan and when its hot, pour the ghee slowly in the mixing bowl and mix the content with a sptaula or a spoon.
- When its warm itself start making small balls of the mix and keep it aside.
- Once it completely cools down, store it in an air-tight container. You can store it upto 2 weeks in a cool place.