Aloo faliyan is a quick Potato and French beans stir fry. Sometimes you need simple veggies to cook in the morning especially when you are in a hurry to send children to school, pack lunch boxes for husband and children. Stir fry veggies always come handy and you easily serve them with some Indian flat bread and curd. I decided to cook some simple Potato and french beans stir fry and served it with some boondi raita and phulkas.
Aloo Faliyan / Potato Beans Stir Fry
Recipe Type: Stir-Fry vegetables
make a quick stir fry vegetable with beans, potato and blend of spices!
- French Beans/Green beans/String beans – 20 (chopped in 1 inch length)
- Peeled and Chopped potatoes – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- asafoetida – a pinch
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat a frying pan and add 1 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute. When the seeds crackle, add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped vegetables and turmeric powder and mix it well. Saute it for few minutes and cook on medium flame.
- Keep stirring from time to time. Now add red chili powder and garam masala and salt.
- Mix it well and sprinkle some water and close the pan with a lid. Cook till the vegetables are totally cooked and tender. Serve it hot with flat bread or rice.
Rafeeda AR says
both my favorite veges… I could have that right now… yum…
easy and yummy fry…
nandoos Kitchen says
easy to make and tasty dish.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
wow lovely fried veggies <3
Jessica DiGiannurio says
easy is what im all about, great post! xo, jess @ dreamingofleaving.com
O my this sounds too yummy to be reading at 7 am 😉 will have to try this sometime! Thanks for sharing ❤❤❤
Sounds so nice and easy! I have never cooked with curry so I will have to try this.
April Layne says
Sounds good, but are you eating this for breakfast? 🙂 I can hardly eat anything before 11 am!
beena stephen says
Simple yummy stir fry
Jayanthi Sindhiya says
Lovely veggies,nice photos
shobha rawal says
Easy & delicious stir fry……………….lovely pictures.
I love this yummy sabzi..looks so good.. Just curds and roti is enough to finish it..
What about tomatoes and onions/ ginger garlic?
Priya Shiva says
This is a simple stir-fry. You can add it you prefer that way 🙂
Hi Priya, I’m cooking this now and it’s smelling fantastic! I’m so glad you posted it. I did want to ask- what heat should I use and how long should I cook each step, and how much water should I add at the end? Or, what should I look for when it’s ‘right’? Thankyou! ????
Priya Shiva says
Stir and fry the veggies for 5 minutes. You just need to lower flame, sprinkle little water and close the pan so that veggies get cooked completely.