I’m sharing a citrus detox drink today or you can even call it Iced green tea. It is my fifth week of detox and I’m so happy that I started on this journey to detox myself. I feel more energetic and refreshed. The best part about this detox regime is that I have been drinking loads of water everyday in a way which is healthier and refreshing for me.
If you have been following my blog, you would know that I share my way of preparing detox water once every week. If you are new to my blog, check this out:-
- Cucumber Lemon Mint Ginger Detox Drink
- Clementine Cinnamon Cilantro Detox Drink
- Watermelon green tea detox water
- Beetroot Curry leaves Detox drink
The drink which I’m sharing today has a splash of citrus which is ideal for this warm weather. Citrus fruits include oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, clementine etc. These fruits not only give us a refreshing feeling but a great source of Vitamin C. They are zesty and delicious!
I have included holy basil leaves or better known as tulsi in this detox drink. Tulsi is a powerful herb with healing powers. My mother would brew some tulsi water and give me whenever I had fever or cold.
So, make some Iced green tea today with citrus fruits and basil leaves to detox yourself!
- Lime - 1 (sliced)
- Lemon - 1 (sliced)
- Orange - 1 (sliced)
- Green Tea - 4 tsp
- Basil leaves/tulsi - ¼ cup
- Water - 10 glasses
- Brew green tea in 2 glass of water. Let it cool down and strain it.
- Add remaining glasses of water, brewed green tea, lemon slices, basil leaves, lime slices, orange slices in a glass jar and mix well.
- Close the jar and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours.
- Strain the infused water, pour in serving glass with ice-cubes and enjoy.