When life gives you lemons, you make shikanji – Indian Masala Lemonade. It is summer time and what you need is a lemonade to feel fresh. Shikanji is a perfect thirst quenching drink which you can enjoy in this summer time. The addition of some spices makes it even more appealing.
I love lemons and limes. it is refreshing enough to just smell some lemons. Lemon water cleanses and stimulates your body. It is a great source for Vitamin C and even helps in digestion. My love for lemons is very much obvious in my blogging too. I must have shared various recipes with lemons itself like Coconut lemonade, Citrus green tea, Sparkling strawberry lemonade, Lemon rice etc.
Life is also like a lemonade. It is little sour and little sweet. So, enjoy the sweet part and make the best use of sourness. Life will be dull without a masala in it :)…So, make a glass of shikanji – Indian masala lemonade and stay cool this summer!
- 1 big lemon
- Chilled water - 2 glasses
- Rock Salt/sendha namak – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Roasted Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp (crushed)
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Few Mint leaves and Lemon Slices to garnish
- Ice cubes – 6-8
- Divide lemon into equal half. Microwave it for 10 seconds. Squeeze it nicely to take out the maximum juice.
- Add water, lemon juice, sugar, rock salt, black pepper, roasted cumin seeds in a jar and mix well.
- Pour it in a serving glass with ice-cubes and garnish lemon slices and mint leaves.