Moong dal tadka is a delicious and healthy dish made with green gram. Green Gram is highly rich in vitamins and minerals including iron and calcium. Its a low fat food and rich in proteins and fiber.
Moong dal tadka is your comfort food. This is an easy dal cooked in a pressure cooker and goes very well with rice or Indian flat bread. I have served it with some Rice puttu. Click here to check recipe for puttu. So, sharing the Moong dal tadka recipe today.
Moong Dal Tadka Recipe
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
- Whole Green gram/Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Grated ginger – 2 tsp
- Finely chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean and soak green gram in some water for 1 hour. Drain the water.
- Add oil in a 3 liter pressure cooker and when the oil is warm, add carom seeds, cumin seeds, grated ginger, finely chopped garlic, onions and saute.
- When onion turns brown, add tomatoes and saute it for few minutes.
- Now add green gram, garam masala, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water and mix it well. Close the cooker and give 2-3 whistles or till dal is nicely cooked.
- When the pressure comes down transfer it into a bowl, garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.
Praveen Kumar says
Shruti J says
Try making our Khatta Moong sometime… you'll love it! 🙂
HADIA ZEBIB says
How I love the spices in your food, Priya! Looks divine!