Thepla is a popular flat bread in Gujurat, India. Methi thepla is made with fresh fenugreek leaves. I love to use fresh fenugreek leaves in curry and flat breads. You can even add kasuri methi in place of fresh methi leaves. Dried fenugreek leaves are called kasuri methi in India. So, sharing an easy recipe to make some yummy Methi Thepla today.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Besan / gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Methi/Fresh Fenugreek leaves – 1/2 cup
- grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Curd / Yoghurt – 3 Tbsp (Vegans can add water in place of curd)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil – 4 tbsp
- Clean fenugreek leaves nicely and finely chop it.
- Add wheat flour, gram flour, methi leaves, curd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, grated ginger, salt in a large bowl and knead well to make a soft dough. Add water when required.
- Add 2 tsp oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and roll out each portion into thin circles. Use extra flour for dusting to roll it evenly.
- Heat a Tava/griddle and cook each thepla using a little oil till it turns golden brown.
- Serve it hot with Curd and some spicy pickle.