Aloo Gobi ki sabzi is an easy, spicy cauliflower potato stir-fry vegetable. It is very popular in North India. Aloo means potato, gobi means cauliflower and sabzi means vegetable. So, that’s how this dish got its name.
You can simply serve aloo gobi ki sabzi with phulka or paratha or any flat bread of your choice. You will love the flavors in this dish! So, sharing a recipe for Spicy Cauliflower Potato Stir-fry today. Hope you all try it at home and share the feedback with me.
Aloo Gobi ki Sabzi / Spicy Cauliflower Potato Stir-Fry
Recipe Type: Stir-fry veggies
- Cauliflower – 1
- Potato – 3
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Grated ginger – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2 (slit and dived in half)
- Garlic cloves – 4 (chopped)
- Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp powder
- salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 spirg
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Remove the stem and separate the florets in cauliflower. Soak the florets in hot water for few minutes. Add little salt in water. Remove the florets from water after few minutes.
- Clean, peel and chop the potatoes.
- Soak dried fenugreek leaves in little water for 10 minutes. Drain water and set it aside.
- Heat a frying pan and oil. Add cumin seeds, carom seeds and let it splutter.
- Add grated ginger, slit green chillies, chopped garlic, curry leaves and sauté.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and give a quick stir.
- Now add chopped potato pieces, cauliflower florets and mix it well.
- Stir and fry it for few minutes.
- Now add fenugreek leaves. Sprinkle some water, mix and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add salt to taste. Mix it well and cook till the vegetables are totally tender. Serve it hot and garnish it with some coriander leaves.
Good one, my mouth is watering.
Thanks Indrani 🙂
Manu Kalia says
Cauliflower is one of my favorite! Will definitely share this to a friend
This one looks like something even my kids would eat! May have to give it a shot if I can find all of the ingredients.
Yum yum dish dear:-)