If you love garlic, then you got to try this Tomato Garlic Chutney. This chutney has a strong garlic flavor and goes very well with idli, dosa etc. I served it today with some Khara paniyaram for evening snack and my family loved it. I’m a chutney fan and idli, dosa are staple food for us. Looking for more chutney recipes? Check out other Chutney recipes on my blog:
Garlic not only adds great flavor to the dish but it has many health benefits too. They are easily available and you can store garlic for a long time. So, sharing an easy recipe for Tomato Garlic Chutney and hope you all try it out and share the feedback with me.
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 5 (peeled and chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Red chilies - 3
- Roasted gram - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida / hing - ⅛ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil - 2 tsp
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and fry onions and garlic. Add asafoetida while frying.
- When onions turn translucent, add tomatoes, curry leaves and saute for few minutes. Transfer the content in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add grated coconut, onion-tomato, roasted gram, chilies in your blender and blitz it.
- Transfer it into a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add it into the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with dosas, idlis etc.