I’m sharing a Pickled Carrots Recipe today as I love pickles and Delhi carrots are still available in the market. Delhi carrots are more tender and juicy. They are darker red and sweeter than regular carrots. These Delhi carrots flood the market in the winter and everyone uses them to make pickles or gajar ka halwa. I wanted to make gajar ka achaar this season but somehow missed it with my busy schedules. So, I finally got the time to make some lovely carrot pickles !
I’m very fond of pickles but I hate the lengthy process of making pickles. I’m much happier making instant pickles. You can check out few instant pickle recipes on my blog like – Sweet and Sour Ginger pickle , Instant raw mango pickle ..
I have used Delhi carrots but you can use the regular ones too. So, sharing the Instant Pickled Carrots Recipe today and hope you all make it and share the feedback with me.
- Carrots - 6 (long ones)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds/methi - 1 tbsp
- kashmiri lal mirch/ Red chilies - 25
- Dried coriander seeds/dhaniya - 2 tbsp
- Nigella seeds/Kalonji - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tbsp (powdered)
- Salt - 3 tbsp
- Mustard Oil - 4 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Clean and wipe the carrots with a towel. Scrape the carrots and cut them into 3 inch length pieces.
- Spread the chopped carrots on a clean towel and leave it aside for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds, red chilies, corainder seeds, nigella seeds on low flame for a minute and powder it.
- Add oil in a frying pan and when its warm, add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add chopped carrots.
- Add powdered spices and mix well. Lower the flame and close the pan for few minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Now add salt, powdered jaggery and mix it well. Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add vinegar, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Let it cool down completely, transfer into a clean pickle jar and store it in a cool place.
- Enjoy this pickle with rice or flat bread.