We change cities or even countries to pursue our ambitions. We find new friends, we wander in new places but our home ground always pulls us back. This is exactly what I felt during my visit to Coimbatore this time. There is some sweetness and a deeper connection to your native place. I guess there is nothing more comforting than being in your home land. I’m back in Bangalore and made this Avocado chutney for breakfast today.
I’m a breakfast person. So, I prefer a sumptuous breakfast which can keep me active for the day. I prepared some Ragi idli and served it with Avocado chutney and fresh fruits. Click here to check out the recipe for ragi idli made with finger millet. I’m sharing a quick Avocado chutney recipe today and wish you all a great week ahead..
- Ripe Avocado - 1 (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- Freshly dessicated Coconut - ½ cup
- Roasted Bengal gram - 2 tbsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida/hing - a pinch
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Sesame Oil - 1 tsp
- Add avocado, few curry leaves, coconut, roasted gram, green chillies in your blender and blitz it.
- Add little water to make it into a thick paste. Transfer it into a bowl and add salt to taste and mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds and a pinch of asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add few curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add this tempering in the chutney. Mix and serve.