Now grind it to make a smooth batter.
Leave the batter for fermentation for minimum hours. Steam it and enjoy!
- Barnyard rice/Kuthiraivali – 3+1/2 cups
- Urad Dal/White Lentil – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and soak rice and millet with fenugreek seeds in some water for minimum 2 hours.
- Now grind it using your food processor with enough water to make a smooth batter.
- Transfer the content in a pan and add some salt to taste and mix it well.
- If you feel the batter is too thick add some more water. Do not make the batter too runny, it should be of pouring consistency.
- Keep it overnight or minimum 6 hours for fermentation.
- Grease the idli plates with some cooking oil and fill it with the fermented batter.
- Steam it for 8-10 minutes and serve it hot with some sambar or chutney.