Coconut chutney is a South Indian side-dish which is usually served with Idli, Dosa, Pongal etc. Coconut is a wonder-food with so many health benefits. So, sharing a quick recipe to make some tasty coconut chutney.
Recipe Type: Chutney
- Freshly grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Roasted Gram – 1/4 cup
- 2 Green chillies (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- White lentil – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add coconut, roasted gram, green chilly in your grinder and grind it by adding little water to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the content in a bowl, add salt to taste and keep it aside.
- Add sesame oil in a small frying pan and when its warm add mustard seeds, white lentil and asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds crackle add it to the coconut chutney and serve.