Pesarattu is a popular breakfast dish of Andhra Pradesh. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is important to have a wholesome and healthy breakfast. These crepes are made with green gram lentil and very healthy too.
Check out this quick video to make these delicious Pesarattu!
read the complete instructions before making this green gram dosa. I’m sure your family will love this Pesarattu for breakfast. Serve it hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Green gram lentil / Moong dal – 2 cups
- Raw rice – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 4
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Asafoetida/hing – ⅛ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Oil – 6-8 tbsp
- Clean and soak green lentil for 4 hours.
- Clean and soak raw rice too.
- Grind the lentil with green chillies and little water to make a smooth batter and transfer it in a bowl.
- Grind raw rice with curry leaves and curry leaves to make a smooth batter and transfer in the same bowl.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. set it aside for 1 hour.
- Take a portion of the batter and add asafoetida, chopped onions and mix well.
- Heat a griddle/tawa for a minute. Lower the flame and smear little oil on the pan.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour on the center of the griddle. Immediately spread it on the pan in circular motion to make a round crepe.
- Add few drops of oil on the edges and let it cook for a minute.
- Flip, add few drops of oil and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve it hot with sambar and chutney.