You’ll need a ladle with holes like shown in above picture to make boondis.
Take a ladle full of batter and pour over through the ladle with holes keeping it just above the oil.
Read complete recipe and notes before you start making this snack.
- Besan/Bengal Gram flour -1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Red chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Fried Garlic cloves – 4
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Roasted cashews – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil For Frying – 1 cup
- Sieve rice flour and gram flour and add it in a mixing bowl. Add salt to taste, red chilly powder, ghee and mix well adding water little by little. Make a smooth flowing batter and keep it aside. Heat some oil in a frying pan and keep it ready to fry the boondis.
- You’ll need a ladle with holes like shown in above picture to make boondis.
- To make sure to check if oil is ready, add few drops of batter to the hot oil. If it puffs up right away, oil is ready for deep frying.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour over through the ladle with holes keeping it just above the oil.
- Fry the boondis till they turn golden brown.
- Now you can mix some roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, fried garlic, roasted curry leaves, salt to taste with it and enjoy!