Check out the recipe for Ribbon Pakoda too.
- 1 cup Besan/ chickpeas flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Hot oil
- Salt to taste
- vegetable Oil for deep frying
Roast carom seeds in a small frying pan for few minutes on low flame and grind it to make a fine powder.
Sieve gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste in a mixing bowl.
Add hot oil and then start adding water little by little to make a soft dough.
Add the dough in the pressing machine. Watch video.
Keep the oil in a pan ready for deep frying. Before we start making sev make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small ball of the dough in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready. Lower the flame and press the pressing machine in a circular motion around the pan.
When sev turn golden colour on both sides, remove from the pan and keep it on a tissue to drain the excess oil.
When it cools down, crush it lightly with hands.
Transfer the content in an airtight container and enjoy it for snacking.
- You will need pressing machine and use the small holes plate to make this snack.
- Do not fry on high flame or it will easily tuen into dark brown colour.
- You can also add few roasted curry leaves and peanuts.