I have posted 7 cup sweet with coconut earlier and wanted to try some variance to it. Sweets like Mysore pak need such precision and I always get tensed making them during festivities. Carrot Besan Burfi is an easy sweet and you just can’t go wrong with it. Carrots have natural sweetness and adds a nice colour too. You can call this as an Indian version of a fudge :)..
The key to making this sweet is in the consistency….You can even increase sweetness as per your taste.
Do read the complete Carrot Besan Burfi Recipe and notes before you start making this moth-watering sweet. So, try making this sweet for this festival season and enjoy with your family.
7 Cup Sweet / Carrot Burfi
Recipe Type: Sweet
- Bengal gram flour/ besan/Chickpeas flour – 1 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter – 1½ cup (melted)
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 +½ cups
- Green cardamom – 2
- Grease a square plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- Remove the seeds of green cardamom from the pods and powder it.
- Saute carrot for few minutes in a pan so that the raw smell leaves from it.
- Add all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Place the pan on the gas stove on low flame and stir continuously for few minutes on low heat.
- Now you’ll start seeing it bubbling and ghee leaving on sides. Add cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- When it starts becoming like a dough transfer the content into the ghee greased plate and leave it for few minutes.
- When it is still warm cut it into square pieces and when it cools down keep it in an air tight container.
Use non-stick pan if you are beginner and always sieve gram flour before using for sweets or snack.