Adai is a staple diet in South India and usually served for breakfast. It is made by soaking lentil and rice, grinding it to make a batter and finally it is cooked on a griddle. I made Corn Rajma adai for breakfast and my family loved it.
You will find many variations for adai. It is healthy as lentils and legumes are used to make it. Adai is usually served with jaggery. I have served with coriander coconut chutney and milagai podi. So, sharing a delicious breakfast recipe today. make these yummy Corn rajma adai for your family and enjoy.
Corn Rajma Adai
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Rajma/Red kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- Chana dal/ Bengal Gram – 1/2 cup
- Moong dhuli/Yellow lentil – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Asafoetida/hing – 14 tsp
- Red chillies – 5
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Oil – 4 tbsp
- Soak rice, chana dal, rajma, yellow lentil in water for 4 hours. Drain the water.
- Grind the soaked rice, red chillies, curry leaves, sweet corn and lentils to make a coarse paste.
- Transfer it into a bowl, add salt to taste, asafoetida and mix well.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water. You should have a pouring batter consistency. Leave the batter in a closed pan for fermentation for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and grease with oil. Scoop a ladle of the batter and spread to a circular shape.
- Pour few drops of oil along the sides of the adai.
- Turn over, drizzle little oil and cook again for a minute. Remove the adai when it is golden on both sides.
- Serve it hot with Jaggery or some chutney.