Reshmi Paneer is a delicious curry made with cottage cheese and cooked in rich, creamy gravy with various spices. I saw this recipe recently in foodfood tv and wanted to try it for sometime. Paneer is a great source of protein specially for vegetarians. I have shared few options of Indian Curry made with Paneer on my blog. Just click on the names to check out the recipe:
So, sharing another lovely recipe to cook some paneer and you can serve this hot with some Indian flat bread or rice. I have used Homemade Garam Masala which further enhances the aroma and flavours of this curry.
Reshmi Paneer Masala
Enjoy delicious curry made with cottage cheese, capsicum and blend of spices!
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Curry
- Cottage cheese / paneer - 500 grams
- Onion - 1
- 1 Tomato (cut into thin strips)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green capsicum - 1 (cut into thin strips)
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder/ Dhaniya Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- 3 Tomato (puréed)
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cut onion into half and slice thinly.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and when they crackle, add sliced onions to the pan and saute well.
- Add Capsicum and tomatoes and toss it.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add tomato purée, mix and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and mix well. Add little water, mix and let it simmer on low flame for few minutes.
- Cut cottage cheese into equal pieces and add it in the gravy. Let it cook in the gravy for few minutes. You can add more water if you feel the gravy is too thick.
- Add cream and garam masala and mix well and let it cook for another minute.
- Remove from the flame, Transfer into serving bowl. Garnish chopped coriander and serve hot.