Serving – 4
Paneer / cottage cheese – 200 gms
Fresh cream/Malai – 1/2 cup (I used low fat amul cream)
1 big onion finely chopped
Ginger (peeled and grated) – 1 tsp
Garlic cloves – 2 (peeled and crushed)
Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Corinader powder / Dhaniya powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Chop paneer into equal small cubes. Beat the cream with 2 tbsp of water and keep it aside.
2) Heat oil on a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and saute for a few seconds.
3) Add onions and saute till they turn light brown. Add grated ginger and crushed garlic and saute for few seconds)
4) Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and mix it well.
5) Lower the flame, add the paneer pieces and saute it gently for few minutes. Let the paneer get coated nicely in spices.
6) Now add cream and salt and mix it gently. Cook the paneer in cream gravy for 2-3 minutes.
7) Remove from the flame and transfer the content into a bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with some Indian flat bread and raita.