One of the most famous curry in India is Palak paneer. It is made with some fresh spinach and cottage cheese blended with spices. eating greens are extremely important to maintain a healthy living. Spinach is a good source of fiber and calcium. Paneer has its own health benefits. I love cooking with paneer and have shared many other recipes with it like kalakand – sweet made with paneer, Paneer pakora etc..
Paneer is a great source of proteins especially for a vegetarian. So, making a dish with spinach and paneer need not be always boring. I have not added any cream and used minimum oil to make this curry. Try out this healthy Palak paneer curry and enjoy!
Palak Paneer Recipe
Recipe Type: Curry
Make a delicious curry with fresh spinach and cottage cheese!
- Paneer/cottage cheese – 200 gm
- Spinach – 2 cups (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 (finely chopped)
- Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
- Grated ginger – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves (peeled and chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Divide paneer into equal cubes.
- Clean and boil spinach with 1/4 cup of water. When its half cooked, add it in your food processor to make a puree.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and when its warm add cumin seeds. Saute it for few seconds and add onions, ginger and garlic and saute on low flame.
- When onions turn translucent, add tomatoes and saute it nicely for few minutes till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Now add spinach puree, garam masala, chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well. Cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes and add tofu paneer cubes and little water (approx 1/4 cup) and close the pan with a lid and let it cook for few minutes.
- Transfer the curry into a bowl and serve with flat bread.
Rafeeda AR says
love the first snap… the palak paneer looks yum…
Ohh I love palak paneer! The pics are very inviting 🙂
I love this dish..
Kimi Colney says
Radha Natarajan says
superb click Priya!! and a great yummy looking dish…congrats on the so many certifications…wowo
Priya Anandakumar says
Very lovely and beautifully made palak paneer, I am already following you sis, will be happy if you can follow me back…
Wonderful color perfectly made..
Priya Shiva says
thank you 🙂
thanx for sharing this PALAK PANEER CURRY RECIPE recipe, my family is crazy for palak paneer , this is so easy n looks delicious