Curry leaves is a wonder herb and has its own health benefits. My family usually picks out curry leaves from any dish. So, I usually end up making some chutney out of it. Thengai karuveppilai Sevai is a quick and easy breakfast recipe made with rice noodles. I have added grounded curry leaves and it really enhances the flavors of the dish.
- rice noodles/arisi sevai - 2 cups
- mustard seeda - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped)
- Peanuts - ¼ cup
- shredded coconut - 1 cup
- Finely chopped ginger - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - ¼ cup (coarsely grind it)
- Urad dal/white lentil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida/hing - ⅛ tsp
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pan. Once water starts boiling, remove from flame and add rice noodles in it. Let it soak in this water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seed and a pinch of asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add peanuts and white lentil and saute till lentil turn brown. Add chopped ginger and chopped green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Add coconut, coarsely grounded curry leaves and saute for a minute. Now add cooked rice noodles, salt to taste and mix well.
- Serve hot with chutney.