Meal planning is one of the best thing you can do to set yourself free of tension especially when you expect guests for lunch or dinner. Here’s another easy lunch menu which is balanced with curry, lentil, carbs and a dessert.
Planning a lunch or dinner menu for your guests can be a tiresome work as you want to a well balanced meal which is delicious too! So, how about serving Matar Malai Methi curry, Dal fry, Boondi raita, Vegetable Pilaf, Homemade mango pickle, phulkas and Kesar Rasgullas for dessert. Sounds good right? Just click on names for the recipes and start cooking that special meal for your loved ones..
- Matar Malai Methi Curry (I added few toasted paneer pieces to it)
- Dhaba style dal fry
- Boondi Raita
- Vegetable Pilaf
- Mango Pickle
- Rasgulla (I added few saffron strands while making them)
Few tips to plan this menu:-
- You can set the curd to make raita previous day itself. To prepare curd at home – Boil 1 liter milk in a pan. Let it cool down till it is warm. The milk should be warm but not very hot. Add 2 tsp of curd and mix well. Keep it covered for 5-6 hours or till the curd has set. I usually set the curd overnight.
- Chop and grate the required vegetables and refrigerate overnight to use it the next day.
- You can even pressure cook lentil and refrigerate. Just prepare fresh tadka (tempering) next day.
- You can prepare dessert previous day.
- You can serve any pickle of your choice.
- You can add some salad too to the menu.
pranita deshpande says
Best menu for lunch
Priya Shiva says
thank you 🙂
SURESH K says
Can you please guide the community with a healthy breakfast plus lunch plus dinner having balanced menu particularly in 40 plus group.
Menu can be from Day 1 to Day 7.
Consultation with a dietitian will help your beloved readers care health by loosing weight without energy loss then on a keep fit
Hope u can do this as service to humanity.
Priya Shiva says
Sure. I will keep that in mind.