Gulkand Paneer Burfi is a delicious sweet made with cottage cheese and flavors from gulkand. Gulkand is one of my favourite ingredient and I love adding it in sweets and desserts. Gulkand is a sweet preserve of rose petals which is easily available in grocery stores in India. Gulkand has its own health benefits too as it helps to keep your body cool and even works like a detox. I won’t say this sweet is completely healthy but anything eaten in limit is perfectly fine. After all we can’t always keep eating healthy and need some pampering too!
I have been lately contemplating a lot about “time for myself”. Sometimes it is essential to think about yourself. My whole day goes running behind my kid and other daily chores. Those 30 minutes which I spend only for myself whatever way keeps me going. I might just sit in my balcony with a cup of tea and stare at the sky but it has become important for me.
So, I’m leaving you with two things today:-
- Think about finding time for yourself.
- This sweet – gulkand paneer burfi
I hope you enjoyed reading the post. Do try this fragrant sweet and share the feedback!
- Gulkand – 3 tbsp
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 200 gm
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 200 gm
- Green Cardamom - 2
- Dairy Whitener/Milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Crushed Pistachios - 2 tbsp
- Saffron/Kesar – 8-10 strands
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Ghee -1 tsp
- Add few saffron strands in warm milk and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Mash paneer nicely and keep it ready. Remove seeds from the cardamom pods and crush it nicely.
- Grease a square plate with some ghee and keep it ready.
- Add milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, gulkand, paneer, saffron with milk in a heavy bottom pan and mix it well.
- Heat the pan and cook on medium flame. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from the stove, add cardamom powder and mix it well. Spread the mixture on the greased plate.
- Sprinkle some crushed pistachios on top and when it cools down, cut into equal squares.