Coconut ladoo is one of the most popular sweet in India made for any special occasion and festivals. You can find many variations to these coconut balls and everyone usually loves them. Gulkand is a sweet rose petal preserve and widely used in India for making sweets, ice creams, milkshakes, mitha paan etc. It helps keeping the body cool and best for this summer season. So, I finally decided to make some Gulkand coconut ladoos today..
Looks easy and yummy right? So, do read the recipe for these Gulkand Coconut Ladoo and try it out for yourself!
Gulkand Coconut Ladoo
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 20-25 ladoo
- Fresh Coconut - 4 + ½ cups (grated)
- Gulkand / Sweet Rose petal preserve - 4 tbsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 400 gm (I used Nestle Milkmaid)
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Keep ½ cup of the grated coconut separately to use it in the end.
- Add the remaining grated coconut and gulkand in your food processor and grind it to make a paste.
- Now add condensed milk and coconut paste into a heavy bottom pan or a non-stick pan and mix well.
- Heat the mixture and keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the flame and cook on a low flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan or starts thickening. It will take 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from fire and let it cool down.
- Grease your hands with ghee and take a small portion of the mixture. Roll into round shape ladoos. Roll in the reserved grated coconut.
- Enjoy these ladoos with your family and look even my little boy could not resist them 🙂 🙂