I made podi dosa with red chilli coconut chutney for breakfast today. My kiddo wanted square Dosa and I ended up folding the sides of the Dosa to please him. Kiddo happy mom happy :-)..
Red chilli coconut chutney is a great accompaniment with Indian breakfast dishes like dosa, idli, upma, uttapams. Coconut chutney is one of the most popular chutney and there are so many versions of the same. This is a bit spicy version of a simple coconut chutney. The red chilies make this chutney spicy and it is easy to make too!
You can serve this chutney with the following (just click on the name for the recipe) –
- Scraped Coconut - 1 cup
- Roasted Gram - ¼ cup
- Dried red chillies - 3
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- White lentil - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Sesame Oil/Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and saute red chillies in it for a minute.
- Add coconut, roasted gram, red chillies, ginger in your grinder and grind it by adding little water to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the content in a bowl, add salt to taste and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil in a small frying pan and when its warm add mustard seeds, white lentil and asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Now add it to the coconut chutney and serve.