I’m a big fan of bell pepper and I love them the most in my Pizza. I love to have even a bell pepper stir fry or a reshmi paneer curry with some phulkas. I made some bell pepper chutney today which I had with some Kuzhipaniyaram. Its an easy recipe and you can relish it with any dosa, idli, pongal etc.
Red Bell Pepper Chutney
Recipe Type: Chutney
Easy, peasy chutney recipe made with red bell pepper!
- 1 Red bell pepper (remove seeds and chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- Chopped green chilies – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – a small lemon size
- Chana dal/ Split chickpeas – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Cooking Oil/Sesame Oil – 2 tsp
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and add white lentil, a pinch of asafoetida and chana dal. Roast on low flame till they turn light brown.
- Now add green chilies, tamarind, red bell pepper, few curry leaves and onions and saute.
- When onions turn light golden brown, transfer the content in a bowl and keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Add the content in your blender and blitz it until smooth. You can little water if you feel its too thick. Transfer it into a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add it into the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with dosas, idlis etc.
Rafeeda AR says
chutney looks delicious…
Francene Stanley says
How wonderful. I didn't know you could use dal in chutney, but of course, it thickens the mixture.
Eliza Lincy says
Like the colour and the flavour of the chutney. Absolutely delicious.
David Hunte says
Thanks for sharing this. I will have to check it out. It looks delicious
Lush! Right I'm making this now!!!
nandoos Kitchen says
Erika Beyk says
This sounds delicious,I am going to try it ,Thank you
Jeanne Melanson says
Sounds wonderful, Priya. I love chutney. I'll pass this along for you. Take care.
Wow, I have to try this 🙂
Sangeetha Priya says
Naomi Ganzu says
I was tired of the green chutney. Now this one. Me try 🙂 Copied the recipe 🙂