I’m a big fan of bell pepper and I love them the most in my Pizza. I love to have even a bell pepper stir fry or a reshmi paneer curry with some phulkas. I made some bell pepper chutney today which I had with some Kuzhipaniyaram. Its an easy recipe and you can relish it with any dosa, idli, pongal etc.
Red Bell Pepper Chutney
Recipe Type: Chutney
Easy, peasy chutney recipe made with red bell pepper!
- 1 Red bell pepper (remove seeds and chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- Chopped green chilies – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – a small lemon size
- Chana dal/ Split chickpeas – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Cooking Oil/Sesame Oil – 2 tsp
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and add white lentil, a pinch of asafoetida and chana dal. Roast on low flame till they turn light brown.
- Now add green chilies, tamarind, red bell pepper, few curry leaves and onions and saute.
- When onions turn light golden brown, transfer the content in a bowl and keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Add the content in your blender and blitz it until smooth. You can little water if you feel its too thick. Transfer it into a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add it into the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with dosas, idlis etc.