Paratha is a flat bread popular in India which is made by pan frying the flattened wheat dough. There are different variations of Indian flat bread and I have already shared few recipes with you all. You can click the following to check the shared recipes – Indian Flat Bread. I decided to make some broccoli parathas today. Broccoli is packed with nutritional benefits. Its high in fiber and rich in calcium and Vitamin K.
I enjoyed these parathas with some Mango Pickles and loved it. So, sharing an easy recipe with you all to make some delicious Broccoli parathas.
Ingredients for stuffing:
Finely grated broccoli – 2 cups
Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
1) Take a frying pan and add 1 tsp of cooking oil. When the oil is warm add asafoetida, cumin seeds, carom seeds and saute till cumin seeds crackle.
2) Now add grated broccoli, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chilly powder, salt and saute it for few minutes on low flame.
3) Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Transfer the content in a bowl.
Ingredients for Paratha:
Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Salt to taste
1) Keep the stuffing ready in a separate bowl.
2) Add whole wheat flour and salt in a mixing bowl and knead it by adding little by little water to make a smooth dough. Roll it into medium sized balls and keep it aside.
3) Roll out a portion of dough using rolling pin and add the brocoli stuffing into it. Now close it and roll out again using rolling pin into a round shape.
4) Cook this on a tawa/griddle on low heat by adding little ghee on both sides until the paratha turns golden brown on both sides.
Serve it hot with some curd and pickle. I could not take the step by step pictures but if you want to learn how to make stuffed parathas step by step with pictures – Click Here.