I always look for something to easy to cook in summers so that I don’t have to stand in the kitchen for a long time. I can actually spend the whole summer just sipping on some cool drinks and lying lazily in my bed 🙂 ..It is just a wish but we do have to carry out our daily chores. This is an easy recipe to make some Onion chutney made with small onion/ Shallots.
Fry some onion shallots and make a delicious and easy Onion chutney! I have served this chutney with ghee roast dosa. You can serve with idli, uttapam, upma too.
- Shallot/Small Onion – 1 cup (peeled and chopped)
- Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram – 2 tbsp
- Chopped green chilies – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil – 2 tsp
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and green chillies and onions. Add a pinch of asafoetida and saute.
- When onions turn light golden brown, transfer the content in a bowl and keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Add the content in your blender with roasted gram, freshly grated coconut and blitz it until smooth. Transfer it into a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add it into the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with dosas, idlis etc.