Serving – 4
Tortillas – 4 (click here for homemade tortilla recipe)
Mashed Potatoes – 2 cups (Boiled, peeled and mashed)
Boiled Black Chickpeas – 1/2 cup
Boiled and mashed Spinach – 1 cup
Red chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Boiled Sweet corn – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Oaxaca cheese – 2 cups (I did not have oaxaca cheese,so used grated Mozzarella cheese)
Salt to taste
1) Combine mashed potatoes, spinach, corn, chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add salt to taste, chilly powder, pepper powder and mix it well.
2) Arrange tortillas on work surface. Spread the mashed potato mix and then spread some cheese on top of it.
3) Fold plain tortilla into halves with filling pressing to compact. Brush the top with little cooking oil.
4) Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas, oiled side down on the skillet.
5) Brush tops with oil and cook until quesadillas are brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Cut into 2-3 wedges and serve hot with some salsa.