Weekends are usually fun time for me as I enjoy getting up late in the morning, enjoying more time with my family and friends. I’m going out for a movie, some grocery shopping and planning to meet few of my friends today. I made this quick jam yesterday and enjoyed the tangy and sweet combination. I have not used any preservatives and sharing the recipe with you all. Have a great week ahead friends!!
Strawberry Orange Jam
Recipe Type: Jam
Make an easy jam in microwave without any preservatives. You will love the delicious combination of orange and strawberries!
- Strawberries – 500 gm (washed, hulled and chopped)
- Orange – 500 gm
- White sugar – 600 gm
- Orange zest – 1 tbsp
- Peel oranges and remove the seeds. Juice of the oranges with the pulp. Scrape the peel of the oranges for zest.
- Add chopped strawberries with orange juice in a deep, heavy bottom pan and keep it for boiling on medium flame. Keep stirring and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and mash the strawberries nicely.
- Now add sugar and stir well.
- Now again keep it for boiling on low flame, add zest and keep stirring it starts combining. Check if it has reached the setting point.
- To check if jam has reached setting point, place a small amount of jam onto a chilled saucer. Place into freezer for 2 minutes or until jam is at room temperature. Run your finger through jam and wrinkle and if jam stays in 2 separate portions, it’s ready to be stored. If not, cook for a little longer and retest.
- Remove from the flame.
- Transfer the warm jam in sterilized containers and keep it sealed.
- Once container opened or used, refrigerate it.
Place a clean saucer in freezer for 5 minutes. Always use clean and sterilized containers to store jam.
Tempting home made jam.
Nice as I was reading I envisioned friends sitting around drinking something cool and eating your jam thanks for sharing.
chikkus Kitchen says
Lip smacking jam 🙂
Eliza Lincy says
Yummy jam. Love the colour.
Kitchen Rhythms says
Wat a colour yar..i juz loved it..yum yum
Jeanne Melanson says
Strawberry and orange! What a wonderful combination. It's such a simple recipe too. I think I'll try this after I pick my strawberries this coming season. I pick them every year and do something with them. Thank you, Priya!
nandoos Kitchen says
Nice colour of jam.. Nice combo of strawberry and orange.
Rafeeda AR says
the combination looks really tempting…
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
very nice priya this combo is so great.. hope you really enjoyed jam making.. n hope you really enjoyed the movie with friends and family 🙂
Love to have it Priya.. Looks so tasty..
Priya Shiva says
Thank you Seena 🙂