Paneer / Cottage Cheese – 200 grams
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
3 large red ripe Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 Capsicum/Green Bell pepper
Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
Peeled and chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp (Click here for recipe)
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Cut paneer into equal cubes and keep it aside. Chop the capsicum and keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds. Now add chopped onions, ginger and garlic and saute till onion turn light golden brown.
3) Now add tomatoes and saute on medium flame till oil starts leaving on sides.
4) Now add capsicum, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
5) Add little water (approx 1/3 cup), mix it well and lower the flame. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
6) Now add paneer cubes, garam masala and salt and mix it well. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between gently without breaking the paneer.
7) Now add dried fenugreek leaves and mix and transfer the content in a bowl.
Garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with steamed rice or Indian flat bread. You can ideally serve this for lunch or dinner.
Linking recipe tothemagicalslowcooker.com