Paneer / Cottage Cheese – 200 grams
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
3 large red ripe Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 Capsicum/Green Bell pepper
Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
Peeled and chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp (Click here for recipe)
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Cut paneer into equal cubes and keep it aside. Chop the capsicum and keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds. Now add chopped onions, ginger and garlic and saute till onion turn light golden brown.
3) Now add tomatoes and saute on medium flame till oil starts leaving on sides.
4) Now add capsicum, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
5) Add little water (approx 1/3 cup), mix it well and lower the flame. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
6) Now add paneer cubes, garam masala and salt and mix it well. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between gently without breaking the paneer.
7) Now add dried fenugreek leaves and mix and transfer the content in a bowl.
Garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with steamed rice or Indian flat bread. You can ideally serve this for lunch or dinner.
Linking recipe tothemagicalslowcooker.com
I really want some of this it rely sounds good and looks great.
Awesome! I love paneer.
Radha Natarajan says
lovely recipe Priya and this is surely one of our favorites at home
Katherine Bartlett says
That looks really delicious!
Yummy side dish for chapatti or roti
Eliza Lincy says
Yummy Kadai Paneer Looks and tastes delicious.
nandoos Kitchen says
delicious kadai paneer
chikkus Kitchen says
Yummy and tasty paneer …!!
Jennifer Clay says
I have never had paneer before but it looks like it would taste pretty good. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Denise Patton says
This sounds delish and I have shared xxx
Coach Mary says
I always drool when I read your recipes! Sharing this one!
Jeanne Melanson says
This sounds delicious, Priya. Thank you for sharing.
I love Kadai Paneer Priya nad I make it exactly the same way although I add a few whole spices like Cinnamon & Cardamom.