Cooking a hearty meal for your family does not mean cooking something fancy. Even a simple curry served flat breads can be a scrumptious meal and put a smile on your loved ones face. I made Paneer Do Pyaza curry today as my boy loves paneer and he totally loved this curry. Pyaaz means onion and this curry calls for using onions in two stages. Spices always play a role in Indian cooking. So, this curry is also cooked with subtle spices. If you love cottage cheese and onions, you have a curry here to win you :)..
Check out this quick cooking video which will help you make this creamy Paneer Do Pyaza Curry.
So, sharing the recipe for Paneer Do Pyaza today. Cook something delicious to please yourself and you loved ones..
- Paneer - 200 gm (cubed)
- Onions - 2 big ones
- Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
- Grated Ginger - 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 3 (peeled and chopped)
- Fresh Cream - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Dhaniya powder / Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
- Red chili Powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
- Peel 1 onion. Cut the onion into 4 equal parts and separate each cubed slice of onion. Heat a griddle/tawa and fry these cubed onions with 1 tsp oil till they turn translucent. Keep this ready in a separate bowl.
- Chop another onion and add it with tomatoes, ginger and garlic in your food processor. Blitz it to make a paste.
- Add 2 tsp of oil in a frying pan and when oil is warm, add cumin seeds and saute till they crackle. Now add onion tomato paste and saute for few minutes till oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder and mix it well.
- Crush kasuri methi and add it in the gravy.
- Add paneer cubes, cubed onions, salt and cook on low flame for few minutes.
- Beat the cream and add it in the curry. Mix it well.
- Transfer into a bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with flat bread.