Gobi masala is a simple curry made with cauliflower which is cooked in tomato gravy with spices. Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetable. Even my family loves it especially by hubby though he would always ask me to make some gobi manchurian. I love Indo-Chinese food too but more fond of North Indian style curries. So, thought of making Gobi masala today. Gobi masala is a delicious curry and very popular in North India. It is a flavourful and aromatic curry with blend of mild spices. You can serve this curry with some phulkas or parathas.
Gobi Masala Recipe
Recipe Type: Curry
A delicious curry made with cauliflower and blend of various spices!
- Cauliflower Florets- 2 cups
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi/dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean cauliflower florets nicely. Keep them dipped in some salted warm water for 15 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and when cumin seeds crackle add ginger garlic paste, onions and saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes with red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder and saute till tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add cooked cauliflower and kasoori methi and add salt to taste and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water, mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it simmer on low flame.
- Transfer in a bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can serve this with steamed rice or flat bread.
I have not added cream but you can add 2 tbsp in the end to make it richer and creamier.