Cabbage thoran is a quick and easy Kerala style cabbage stir fry loaded with freshly grated coconut in it. It is easy to prepare and a common dish in sadhya meal. It is quite healthy too!
I love these quick recipes and often enjoy Cabbage Thoran with sambar or ulli theeyal. So, sharing yet another easy and healthy recipe today. Try this cabbage thoran at home and I’m sure you will love it too!
- cabbage - 1 (medium size)
- Freshly Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
- White lentil /urad dal - 2 tsp
- Dried Red Chillies - 3
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida/hing - ⅛ tsp
- Clean and finely chop cabbage.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add white lentil and Asafoetida. Saute for few seconds till lentil turns light golden brown.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped cabbage, turmeric powder and stir it well.
- Keep stirring on medium flame for few minutes.
- Sprinkle little water, lower the flame, close the pan with a lid and let it cook till vegetables are cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Add salt and mix it well. Add grated coconut and give a quick stir.
- Serve it warm with some rice and sambar.