India is a country of diverse culture and we have festivals round the year. Any festival is incomplete without sweets. I made these Coconut Carrot Ladoo today to enjoy with my family. We just need 4 ingredients and flat 20 minutes to make these sweet balls.
Festivals are also about shopping gifts for your family and friends. People buy varied gifts ranging from gadgets, flowers, clothes, crockery etc. So, make these delicious Coconut Carrot Ladoo, enjoy some shopping and have total fun this Diwali. May this Diwali bring peace, prosperity and good fortune for all of you. Carry the light within you and spread the brightness around.
- Coconut – 1
- Carrot – 2
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 400 gm
- Green Cardamom – 3
- Break the coconut and grate it. Keep ½ cup of the grated coconut separately to use it in the end.
- Peel and grate carrot.
- Add the grated carrot in a heavy bottom pan and saute for 2 minutes on low flame. This will remove the raw smell from the carrots.
- Remove the pan from the flame. Add coconut and condensed milk in the pan. Mix well.
- Heat the pan and keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the flame and cook on a low flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan or starts thickening. It will take 4-5 minutes.
- Powder the cardamom pods, add it and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down.
- Take a small portion of the mixture. Roll into round shape balls.
- Roll the balls in the reserved grated coconut and ladoo is ready.