Gobi ka Keema is a Spicy Cauliflower Curry made with minced cauliflower cooked with spices. Keema is an Asian meat dish which means minced meat. It is only when I was in college I came across this vegetarian option to cook keema with cauliflower. One of my friend had brought this in her lunch box and it tasted so delicious that it has become a regular curry dish in my house. Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable and this curry is very aromatic with various spices.
Gobi Ka Keema
Recipe Type: Curry
Delicious curry made with cauliflower and spices!
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Plain yogurt/dahi – 1 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi/dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean the cauliflower florets and grate it.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and add grated cauliflower. Saute it for few minutes on medium flame till it turns light brown. Transfer the content on a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and add cumin seeds and when cumin seeds crackle add ginger garlic paste, onions and saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes with red chili powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder and saute till tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add cooked cauliflower, yogurt and kasoori methi and add salt to taste and mix well. Cook the cauliflower for few minutes and keep stirring.
- Transfer in a bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can serve this with flat bread and enjoy.
Smitha Kalluraya says
lovely .. perfect side dish…
Ramya Venkateswaran says
Ree Kasirajh says
Cauliflower Keema is interesting and looks yum!!!
This is our all time favourite.. I make it too.. yummy yummy 🙂
priya satheesh says
wow…I love this.. one of my fav 🙂 Very Tempting and feel like eating now 🙂
Full Scoops says
Chitra Jagadish says
looks delish and flavourful Priya….yum yum..
prachi agarwal says
Tempting gobi keema
looks yummy especially with hot rotis 🙂
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
i am sure it turned out great with a nice aroma of spices 🙂 delicious
Allison Wiberg says
This looks great.
Cauliflower keema? Haven't heard r tried it.. Sounds interesting.. Will try soon
Nithya Ravi says
Looks very tasty.Yum Yum
lisa leblnc says
yet another yummy recipe, I just love your posts
Annemarie Leblanc says
Looks delicious, I would love to try this recipe mainly because of how healthy it seems.
KC the Kitchen Chopper says
Gobi Ka Keema / Spicy Cauliflower Curry sound incredible. Cauliflower and curry def go together. Putting this on my "to do" list! 🙂 Pinned as well.
Sony P says
Delish and yummy side dish!!
Gayathri Sathyanarayanan says
Healthy and yummy curry
Nice thought to bring keema in vegetarian:-)
Michaela Kenkel says
Love curry and cauliflower!! Great sounding dish!
JASPINDER KAUR says
Looks very tasty yummy…spicy keema.
Mommy 2 J.A.M. says
This looks so very good!!
imelda guanzon says
Presentation is 100% well done. It looks delicious
HeiLin (Heidy McCallum) says
Spicy Cauliflower Curry and sounds delicious! I am a huge cauliflower fan and curry fan, so this recipe would be a perfect fit for me! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe I am sure our family will love.
This veg version of kheema sounds really interesting.. Looks tempting..
Rani Vijoo says
Hi Priya, tempting cauli flower dish and recipe…it looks delicious and yummy!
Aunt Bee says
I love curry and cauliflower! I especially want to get my hands on some ginger garlic paste!
Frugal Anne says
Curry and Cauliflower, a combination I haven't tried yet! Thanks for sharing!
Shobana Vijay says
Perfect for rotis
Savory Experiments says
You know, I haven't cooked curry in quite some time. Now I'm craving it!
Suhasini Bhaskhar says
thanks for sharing this veg keema recipe
Roja Meeran says
Lovely…yaar..Very good side dish recipe..
almas hashmi says
Priya this seems an interesting dish ,will sure try it.