During my recent trip to Andaman Islands, I enjoyed some apple streusel muffins for breakfast with my morning tea. I was just waiting to try these especially when I got the recipe from the chef. So, finally I made them today for breakfast.
Eggless Apple Cherry Streusal Muffins are one of the best muffins I have baked and very addictive. The streusal topping with walnuts adds a nice crunch to the muffins. This can also be a snack for your kids :)..
Enjoy these eggless apple cherry streusal muffins for breakfast with your family and do share the feedback with me.
Eggless Apple Cherry Streusal Muffin
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- 1 apple (peeled and grated)
- Cherries – 1/3 cup (pitted)
- Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup (softened)
- White Sugar – 1/2 cup
- yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence /extract – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick (powdered)
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Broken Walnuts – 3 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius .
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tray with cooking oil or use cup-cake papers.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and keep it aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, yogurt and vanilla until smooth. Fold in apples and cherries.
- Add flour mix and mix slowly. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin pan, filling tins about 3/4 full.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, walnuts and mix in softened butter until it looks well-mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake at same temperature for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin and if it comes out clean, muffins are done or bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let it cool down completely and then remove from the muffin tin and enjoy with you cup of tea/coffee.
Do not over bake these muffins or they will be dry.
Smitha Kalluraya says
Ree Kasirajh says
Wow.baked to perfection!!!
beena stephen says
Yum yummy muffins
Ramya Venkateswaran says
HeiLin (Heidy McCallum) says
Eggless Apple and Cherry Streusel Muffins sound great for the morning with my coffee! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe!
What a decadent apple and cherry muffins. Perfect combination of ingrédients.. I am a tea lover and these treats will go perfectly with my afternoon tea. Thanks Priya for sharing!
Liz Chapman says
YUM!! have to pin for later
Manu Kalia says
I can eat that in 5 seconds. Very tempting
Manu Kalia says
Very tempting! I can eat it with 2 seconds
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
wow such a beautiful and scrumptious muffins yum yum
Nathaniel Kidd says
This really looks good Priya 🙂
Haffa Bexi says
Thanku soo much Priya for all the yummy recipes u linked to my event 🙂 Back to School Lunch Ideas
Jessica DiGiannurio says
this seems super easy, i must try it! 😉 xo, jess @ dreamingofleaving.com
Natalie Summers says
Oh my this looks amazing, I would do it without the cherry though, the kids don't like those, saving these to try for them.
Manjula Bharath says
wow deliicous streusal dear 🙂 am first time here and happy to follow you 🙂 Liked your fb page and following you now 🙂 Do visit my blog too ..
looks too delish dear..
Annemarie Leblanc says
I've got to admit that this looks extremely delicious and that I need to try it.
Sandra Shaffer says
Muffins with a streusel topping is my favorite! What a nice burst of flavor that cherry adds!
Karen @ From the Garden Table says
These look fantastic! (Especially the Struesel topping!)
Michaela Kenkel says
What a beautiful muffin!! I can almost smell them! 🙂
Preetha Soumyan says
Joanne T Ferguson says
G'day! Your muffins look terrific and I would have to agree Priya that I too can smell your muffins from here too!
Rani Vijoo says
wow…it looks so soft and tasty…love it Priya!
Chitra Jagadish says
they look scrumptious Priya…
These look delish! I am looking forward to trying them.
Delish! Looking forward to trying this!
Katrina Gehman says
these look so good, i would love to try them
These sound like a really great easy breakfast idea!