Sabudana/Sago/Tapioca Pearls – 1 cup
3 potatoes (Peeled and Boiled and mashed)
Roasted Peanuts – 1/2 cup (roughly crushed)
Chopped green chilies – 1 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil for deep frying
1) Wash and soak tapioca pearls in water for 3-4 hours.
2) Drain the water completely and add it in a mixing bowl along with mashed potatoes, roughly crushed peanuts, grated ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves and salt to taste and bind it together.
3) Divide into small portions and make discs as shown in picture.
4) Heat some oil in a frying pan. Make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small ball of the dough in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready.
5) Drop 2-3 discs into the oil carefully and deep fry on low flame till it turns golden brown.
Serve it hot with some coriander chutney or coconut chutney.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
very interesting dear, looks like a yumm snack 🙂
beena stephen says
Looks delicious vadas
Nithya Ravi says
Nicely done.Vadas look crispy.
Rafeeda AR says
I would really love to try this, especially since I have bought a big pack of sago a couple of days ago…
Eliza Lincy says
Crunchy tasty sago vadas. Love to taste some right now. Yummy evening snack.
Smitha Kalluraya says
i just love them…
Sathya Priya says
Love the sabudana vada.
HADIA ZEBIB says
Priya, love the wide variety of Indian snacks! Thank you for introducing us to all these fabulous recipes
My Mom prepare this love your variation:-) great tea time snack
Salma Dinani says
These look great! I love the flavour of cilantro.
Lyfé Wisdom says
Love the indian cooking and keep up the great work! please visit candidnation.blogspot.com to be inspired by The Candid Nation!
Danielle G says
I swear, I could have eaten a cow and when I visit your blog, Im instantly hungry!
Looks very yummy.. Love this crispy yummy snack anytime..
priya satheesh says
yummy vada !