We South Indians never get bored of two things and that is Idli or Curd rice. Idli is one of the most common breakfast in South India and you will always find idli batter ready with us. We don’t worry about sudden guests at home or relatives paying us a visit as we are always ready to make some idli and dosa. I don’t mind having these soft idlis and love to carry it while travelling too especially if it combined with some Dry Idli Chutney Powder. Mini Podi idli is easy to prepare and simply delicious!
It also comes as a savior in the mornings when you are in a hurry to prepare the breakfast and send your child to school. You can easily pack these idlis in their snack box and they will be more than happy. So, sharing a quick recipe to prepare yummy mini podi idlis today.
To know how to prepare Idli batter just click here.
To check the recipe for spicy idli Chutney Powder, click here.
Mini Podi Idli
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Learn how to make mini podi idlis which you can serve as breakfast or an evening snack.
- Idli Batter – 2 cups
- Spicy Idli Chutney Powder – 4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil/Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Grease the idli plate with oil and fill Mini idli plate with the batter and steam it for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle little water on the back of the plate and carefully take out idlis from the sides.
- Add sesame oil in frying pan and when its warm add mustard seeds. When they crackle add chopped curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Now add 15 mini idlis and 2 tbsp of idli powder and mix well without breaking the idlis.
- Switch off the gas stove and serve it hot as morning breakfast or an evening snack.