Cucumber Onion raita is an easy side dish which you can serve with rice or flat bread. It is so easy to put together and comes handy especially when you are in a hurry. Raw help in keeping the body cool and especially beneficial in summer as they prevent heat stroke. Cucumbers contain 95 percent water which keeps the body hydrated and helps the body eliminate toxins. So, sharing a simple and easy recipe to use cucumber and onions. I had served this raita with some Potato Eggplant Stir Fry and phulkas.
- 1 cucumber (peeled and grated)
- 1 Onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- Low fat Plain yogurt/ dahi – 2 cups
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine yogurt and salt in a bowl and whisk to make it creamy. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add finely chopped onions and grated cucumber in the whisked curd and mix it well.
- Add pepper powder, chilly powder before serving.