Mullu Murukku are crispy and so delicious that it is so tough to resist them. I have tried to give step by step procedure to make these crispy chaklis and hope you all enjoy them..
While adding butter, make sure its at room temperature.
- Rice flour – 3 cups
- Besan/ Bengal Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram powder – 1 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil,for deep frying ( I used Sunflower Oil)
- Sieve roasted gram flour, besan, rice flour and transfer it into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Add butter ( it should be at room temperature) and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and start mixing to make a soft dough and in the meanwhile heat oil in a frying pan.
- Use the single star disc as shown in the above picture to make chaklis.
- Fill dough in the chakli maker and press it slowly and in circular motion on a oil greased plastic sheet.
- Slide them gently into the oil and fry them over medium heat till they turn light golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and follow the same procedure for rest of the dough.
- Let it cool down completely before storing them in an air-tight container and enjoy these crispy chaklis with your evening tea/coffee.