Rasam powder is widely used in South India to make Rasam and this can be stored in a cool place in a airtight container for months together. Different spices or masalas are used in an Indian kitchen and nothing like using freshly grounded spices for cooking. So, sharing the recipe to make rasam powder and hope you make this powder and store it to make aromatic rasam.
Rasam Powder / Rasam Podi
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Spice Mix
- Coriander seeds - ½ cup
- Toor Dal/split yellow pigeon peas - 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri Red Chillies - 15
- Cumin seeds/Jeera - ¼ cup
- Black Pepper Corns - ¼ cup
- Cloves - 2
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Heat a frying pan and add all ingredients and dry roast all ingredients on low flame for few minutes till lentil turns light brown.
- Transfer content into a bowl and let it cool down.
- Now add all ingredients in your dry grinder and coarsely grind it. You can even powder it using mortar-pestle.
- Store it in a airtight container and place it a dry place.