Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Bay Leaf – 2
Black Cardamom – 2
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
1) Wash rice in some water and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2) Heat Ghee in a pan and when ghee is warm, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, black cardamom and saute till cumin seeds crackle.
3) Now add soaked rice, salt, 2 cups of water and mix it gently.
4) When it starts boiling close the pan and let it cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes. keep checking in between. Do not stir frequently or the rice will break.
5) When the rice is completely cooked and water has been soaked by rice, transfer the content in a plate and serve it hot.
Click here for other variety rice.