Poori served with Potato Masala curry served for breakfast on a Sunday morning sounds perfect. Isn’t it? I usually prefer getting up late over a weekend and enjoying a heavy brunch. My all time favourite is poori bhaaji. The light fluffy pooris served with some aloo masala and a glass of masala chaas would an ideal start for a good Sunday…
I have already shared a detailed recipe to make poori on my blog. Click Here for Poori recipe. So, sharing the recipe today to make some delicious potato masala curry. Wish you all a have a great weekend.
Aloo Masala / Potato Masala
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Curry
- Potatoes - 4 (medium sized)
- Tomatoes - 1 (finely chopped)
- Finely Chopped onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Grated ginger - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Mash it with hand lightly and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Once mustard seeds crackle, add onion to it.
- When onions turns translucent, and ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute it for few minutes till tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add mashed potatoes to the mixture.
- Add little water, salt to taste, turmeric powder and let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing and enjoy with pooris.
You can add 1 tbsp lemon juice before serving.