India is a country where festivals are the integral part of our culture and heritage. We celebrate different festivals round the year and Navratri is one of them. It is celebrated for nine days to worship Deity Durga. Any celebration is incomplete without food. We make different kinds of sweet and savory dishes for Navratri. I made this Coconut Rabri today as an offering for Devi today..
I recently received this Iridium Ecolux Dutch Oven from TizyHomz for a review. I simply loved this sauce pan as it is elegant with an outer coating in porcelain enamel and scratch-resistant. You can easily use it to cook curry, sauces or even steam vegetables or rice in it. Click here to check more info about tidyhomz products.
I cooked Coconut Rabri in this Dutch oven. I can think of gifting this dutch oven to my family members for this festive season. I even found few other useful products in Tidyhomz website for my home and kitchen. Watch a quick video to make this pudding and learn how I used this product.
So, make this delicious coconut rabri this festival season and enjoy with your friends and family. I’m also sharing a detailed recipe for the same. Wish you all a happy Navratri..
- Milk - 1 liter
- Freshly grated coconut - ½ cup
- khoya/dried milk solids - ⅓ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom - 2 (powdered)
- Broken Pistachios and almonds - 2-3 tbsp
- Saffron strands - 10
- Heat milk in the sauce pan. When milk starts boiling, reduce the flame.
- Add saffron strands and keep boiling milk till milk reduces to ¾th quantity.
- Add khoya and let it simmer for few more minutes. Keep scraping from the sides and stir well.
- Now add sugar and coconut. Mix it well.
- Keep stirring and scraping from the sides till it starts thickening.
- Remove pods from cardamom, crush it and add it in the dish.
- Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Transfer into serving bowls and garnish with nuts.
- Chill for an hour and serve.