Pachadi is a condiment which can be served with rice, idli, dosa etc. Pachadi is also made with curd which is just like raita and can be prepared in 5 minutes. I’m sharing a recipe of Dangar pachadi today which is again an old grandma recipe. This is very famous in South India specially in Tirunelveli and Madurai districts. I’ve no clue how it got its name but these grandma recipes really come in handy and had to share this interesting recipe with you all. This is usually served as a side dish with some rice, curry and sambar.
White lentil/urad dal – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Plain yogurt/dahi – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Green chilies – 1
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tsp
1) Dry roast white lentil, cumin seeds and carom seeds on low flame till lentil turns golden brown.
2) Let it cool down completely and grind it into a fine powder.
3) Beat the yogurt nicely. Now add roasted lentil mix and salt to taste and mix it well.
4) Add sesame oil in a small frying pan and when its warm add mustard seeds.
5) When mustard seeds crackle, add green chilies and saute for few seconds. Add this to the pachadi and serve.
nandoos Kitchen says
very nice, refreshing pachadi..
Looks good could It be used as a dip just wondering
lisa leblanc says
Another yummy recipe, I agree looks like a dip
Nathaniel Kidd says
This looks really good. I have never seen this dish before.
Looks a little like mushroom sauce. What would one serve it with normally?
This sounds really good. It looks like a refreshing dip.
Love this pachadi:-) easy and yummy