Green gram split and skinned/ Moong dhuli – 1/4 cup
Cluster Beans – 2 cups ( finely chopped )
Fresh shredded Coconut – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal/white lentil – 1 tsp
Dried red chilies – 3
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
1) Wash and soak the lentil in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in pan and when its warm add mustard seeds.
3) When the seeds crackle, add white lentil and sauté on low flame till lentil turns light brown.
4) Add curry leaves and red chilies and saute for few seconds.
Add chopped cluster beans, soaked lentil and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover the pan and cook on a low flame till vegetable is cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
5) Add freshly shredded coconut and give a quick stir.
Linking recipe with South Indian Event at The Big Sweet Tooth