I love okra! It is a versatile vegetable and tastes delicious when cooked with blend of spices. I recently posted Achari masala which can be used to make pickles, curry etc. So, today I’m sharing a recipe to make Achaari Dahi Bhindi which is a curry made with Okra and pickled spices.
So, try making this curry today and serve it with some flat bread like phulka or paratha..
- Okra/Bhindi – 500 gms
- Onions – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Yogurt/dahi – 1/4 cup
- Carom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Achari Masala – 2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and dry okra with a towel. Cut the top and tail and dice all the okra into 2 inch equal pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and add chopped okra.
- Fry them for 5 minutes on medium flame and keep stirring in between. Transfer the content on a plate.
- Heat the same pan and add 1 tbsp oil. Add carom seeds, cumin seeds and sliced onions and saute.
- When onions turn light brown, add chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes till they are soft and cooked. Add turmeric powder, achari masala, red chilli powder, and mix.
- Add fried okra and mix well. Now add dahi and mix it well.
- Add salt to taste and fry for few more minutes till the vegetables are cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Transfer it in a bowl and serve it hot with some flat bread.